Subject to any express or implied statutory requirements, Direct Office Furniture offers the following warranty.
Direct Office Furniture conditionally warrants that its products are free from defects in materials and workmanship for the advertised* period of time applicable to the individual product from the date of invoice (with the exceptions and exclusions specified below).
Direct Office Furniture, within the advertised* warranty period applicable to the individual product, undertakes to repair or replace with similar or comparable product (at its option) any component found to be faulty in material or workmanship (subject to the provisions below).
This warranty only applies to:
- The original purchaser and is non-transferable.
- Faulty materials and/or workmanship in the product.
- Products sold and used within Australia.
This warranty does not apply to:
- Normal wear and tear, which have to be expected over the course of ownership.
- Damage arising from abnormal use.
- Damage incurred during transit.
- Modifications or attachments that are not approved by Direct Office Furniture.
- Products used for more than a single shift (38 hour/5 day week) – see ‘Extended-use’ clause below.
- Products used for rental or hire purposes.
- Products considered consumables.
- Fabrics (These are offered with their own standard manufacturer’s warranty).
- Soft wiring components (These are offered with their own standard manufacturer’s warranty).
- Customers own materials (COM) incorporated into Direct Office Furniture products.
- Any indirect or consequential loss – See ‘Limit of liability’ clause below.
This warranty is null and void if:
- The product has been abused, damaged, modified after delivery.
- The product has been subject to an accident.
- The original label attached to the product (showing manufacture date) is damaged, altered or removed.
- Direct Office Furniture is not notified by email within five (5) business days of the fault occurring.
- The product has been maintained or repaired by someone other than an authorised Direct Office Furniture representative or approved repair agent.
Direct Office Furniture reserves the right to request that any product subject to a warranty claim be returned to Direct Office Furniture for inspection before repair or replacement. Direct Office Furniture may ignore any warranty claim if Direct Office Furniture is not permitted to inspect the goods on request.
All inspections, repairs or replacements will be carried out at Direct Office Furnitures premises and after inspection, Direct Office Furniture will repair or replace (at its option) any faulty product or component covered by this warranty free of charge to the purchaser.
The purchaser must pay all costs associated with the return of the product to Direct Office Furniture premises and the product must be accompanied by proof and date of purchase.
The warranty period for products supplied by, but not manufactured by Direct Office Furniture, shall be the current warranty period provided by the manufacturer of the product.
Normal usage for commercial furniture is defined as the equivalent of a single shift, thirty eight (38) hour, five (5) day work week. To the extent that a product has been used in a manner exceeding this, the applicable warranty period will be reduced in a pro-rata manner.
Limit of Liability
The liability of Direct Office Furniture shall be strictly limited to the abovementioned obligations and Direct Office Furniture shall not be liable for consequential, incidental or operating loss suffered by Client, to person or property, arising from the manufacturing, distribution, installation or use of the products or services supplied by Direct Office Furniture. Direct Office Furniture liability shall be limited to an amount not exceeding the Purchase price for the products in question.
For more information contact your Direct Office Furniture representative on 9322 2990.
* Advertised on the Direct Office Furniture website.